The Ethos of Anglican Life Curriculum
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. –Jesus
- We shall represent the thread of the Holy Spirit’s work that runs through the Anglo-Catholic, Wesleyan-type Evangelical, and Charismatic history, experience, and perspective.
- We shall support all seven sacraments.
- We shall support all the gifts of the Spirit.
- We shall support ecumenical efforts and dialogue but especially with those in apostolic succession, that is, the Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches.
- We shall avoid forensic language in describing salvation, for it has been done to distraction and misunderstanding it has led many into the antinomian error.
- We shall oppose elective abortion.
- We shall err on the side of gender differentiation. The curriculum shall support traditional marriage and family values, Western culture, capitalism, and patriotism. We believe in freedom, prosperity, and the rule of law.
- We shall treat God as masculine but the Spirit, though a co-equal person of the Trinity, may be spoken of as neuter, “its” gender in Greek. The curriculum shall refer to the Church as feminine in gender.
- We shall support the three-fold ministries of deacon, elder/priest, and bishops. The curriculum shall support the ministry of all baptized believers and the ministry of women that have the Spirit.
- We shall assume that women may be called to the Diaconate and men to the Priesthood.